Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And a voice keeps saying this is where I’m meant to be

Sorry it’s been so long since my last post. It’s kind of a long story but more or less my computer’s been inaccessible for a good week and a half but it’s back now! Oh how I missed this decepticon of a laptop. Anyways, a little bit ago my group and I spent the weekend in Rajhamundry, a town that’s about a 4 hour train ride away from Vizag. The trip admittedly had its ups and downs. Cockroaches crawling on my toothbrush, lost keys, and one long night spent sick in a hotel bathroom.

Even with these low points, I’m really glad we went. The highlight of the trip for me had to be the boat trip. We spent an entire day on a boat going down the Godvari river. Not only did we get to sing “I’m on a boat!” we were able to see seriously some of the most beautiful scenery. The coolest thing about it was I just kept having this feeling like “I’m really in India and this is exactly where I’m supposed to be right now.” Pretty incredible to feel like you’re on the right track, you know. Now the title makes sense, huh? I know its super cliché but Hercules song lyrics just fit. Ha wow two Disney themed entries in a row. Oh Walt. The impact you’ve had on my life. :)

Getting ready to get on the boat!

So pretty! I couldn’t stop taking pictures.

Feet in the water. :)

My new house. Feel free to come visit.

India’s beautiful. The end.





1 comment:

  1. And visit, I shall! Don't tempt me. I have an American Express card and those suckers are accepted everywhere.

    ReplyDelete