Friday, February 17, 2012

A whole new world

So there are days I feel like I’m living in Aladdin, in such a great way. Yes I am aware Aladdin takes place in the Middle-East, but just hear me out.

1) I’ve ridden a camel.

2) Definitely seen some parrots, although I’m still keeping an eye out for Iago.

3) I flash back to the Jasmine in the market scene every time I walk by a street vendor shouting about what they’re selling “Fresh fish!” “Sugar dates! Sugar dates and pistachios!”

4) I’ve rubbed a lamp or too, hoping for a friend the likes of which I’ve never had.

5) The view from my roof is straight out of Agrabah

6) I rock genie pants all the time.

7) Although I haven’t seen an actual real-life elephant yet, I’ve seen a whole lot of statues of them. Since Abu wasn’t actually an elephant I feel like that counts.

8) I hung out with some monkeys, against my will I might add.

9) I could easily leap/pole vault from roof to roof in my neighborhood. I don’t because I choose life, but I still could!

10) I met a princess. Her grandfather was the last crowned king of Vizianagaram. That’s what this area of India used to be called before independence. They’re not in power any more, but they’re still seen as royalty. We’re facebook friends. NBD. Haha

11) My study abroad group likes to burst into song quite frequently. More often than not we sing Disney songs.

12) I visited a cave of wonders.

I rest my case. As far as I’m concerned all I’m missing now is a magic carpet. I’m in the market, so if you know anybody who’s selling one be sure to let me know.

Yikes. Definitely too scary to be Abu. Maybe he’s his second cousin. Twice removed.

Cave of Wonders!!! Ok actually it was the Borra caves, but they were still incredible.

Hanging out in a cave.


I could totally jump to that….just saying

Check out that view!
To really seal to deal on this Disney experience we watched Aladdin up on our roof. It was magical. :)
So awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment